Salary: $33.00 to $35.00 /year
Bring your passion for travel medicine and international health to TMVC to become a Travel Nurse Immunizer!
TMVC is the largest medical facility in British Columbia specializing in travel and occupational medicine services and immunizations, with 17 locations throughout BC, including 7 in the Lower Mainland. Travel clinics are staffed by doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses who have a passion for international health and travel medicine. Check us out at www.tmvc.com
The travel clinic immunizing nurse provides adult and child vaccinations and TB Skin Testing. He/she also provides general health advice to travelers venturing abroad, as well as any immunizations recommended during the consultation process. The RN works in a team setting with a physician, Nurse Practitioner or RN and administrative staff.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Must have Current/Valid CRNBC RN registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip!
We have part time position available in our Langley, Surrey and White Rock locations. Must be available some evenings and Saturdays
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter, with location preference.