Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 /year
The travel clinic consultant and immunizing nurse provides pre-travel medical risk assessment advice as required for prevention of travel-acquired illness. The nurse also administers appropriate adult and child travel vaccinations and provides TB Skin Testing.
Education & Experience
- Must have Current/Valid CRNBC RN or NP registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing and/or travel medicine experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently and make sound nursing practice decisions.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip!