Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 /hour
TMVC is the largest medical facility in British Columbia specializing in travel and occupational medicine services and immunizations, with 17 locations throughout BC, including 7 in the Lower Mainland. Travel clinics are staffed by doctors, nurse practitioners, and Registered Nurses who have a passion for international health and travel medicine. Check us out at www.tmvc.com
Bring your energy, enthusiasm and willingness to learn about travel health and vaccines. You will mainly work out of our newly renovated Burnaby office, but will also be willing to travel to our other Lower Mainland locations.
The travel clinic consultant and immunizing nurse provides pre-travel medical risk assessment advice as required for prevention of travel-acquired illness. The nurse also administers appropriate adult and child travel vaccinations and provides TB Skin Testing.
Education & Experience
- Must have Current/Valid BCCNP RN or NP registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing and/or travel medicine experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently and make sound nursing practice decisions.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers extensive training and support, a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip!
If you are looking for a long term positive experience please send in your resume with an accompanying cover letter.